It has been a pleasure and a privilege to serve as co-chairs for LMS HASA for the past 2 years. Our generous and talented parent community has consistently given time and funds to keep LMS HASA strong. Our dedicated committee chairs delivered high quality events and communications. Our school administration and teachers have been extremely supportive of us. Because of this we have been able to accomplish a lot.
- International Potluck dinner & Show
- Career Night
- Book Fair + author speaker (*)
- Incoming 6th (ACS) & 7th (EVG) grade parent orientation
- Photo day (*)
- Wellness Fair
- Jog-a-thon (*)
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- Rutgers Theater Troupe anti-bullying assembly + Q&A (6th grade)
- Newark Museum presenting Ancient Civilization artifacts (Social Studies) (6th grade)
- Chariots of the Sun performance (Social Studies) (6th grade)
- Picatinny Armory presentation on military weapons engineering (Science) (7th grade)
- Visiting planetarium from Newark Museum (Science) (7th grade)
- Cyber Citizenship (7th & 8th grade)
- Holocaust Speaker (8th grade)
- Field Trips
- Alpine Boat Basin (Science) (6th grade)
- Newark Museum (Science) (7th grade)
- Pool Party Lunch (8th grade)
(*) also serves as LMS HASA fundraiser
We believe these events have enriched our students’ experience and brought our parent, teacher, and school community closer together. We are so grateful to everyone for making it possible.
2017/2018 LMS HASA Board Members and Committee Chairs
We are delighted to announce that we have a very strong roster of newly elected 2017/2018 LMS HASA board members and committee chairs.
Co-Presidents / Chairs Rabab Abi-Hanna and Vicky Beall
Secretary Lisa Cullen
Treasurer Eva Louro Calderaro
Photo Day Chairs Mirna Alley, Jill Boyd
Book Fair Teresa Rex, Gabriella Yoo
Assemblies / Field Trips Joanne Terrell, Kim Queren
Wellness / Jog-a-thon Wendy Leynse, Laura Lindsey Sewell
Potluck Dinner Suzie Park, Hyemi Park
Teacher Appreciation Gabriella Yoo, Joanne Chang
Spiritwear Laurie Molina, Laura Quinton
Career Night Nancy Ortiz, Mirna Alley
Event Marketing / Publicity Maria Duran
Blog Editor Lisa Cullen
Web Administrator Elizabeth Soh
Please stay connected with us by attending our parent meetings, following our blog and facebook page, participating in our events and volunteering in any way you would like to be involved. Everyone’s contribution truly makes a difference, and new ideas are welcome.
Have a wonderful summer and we look forward to working together to enrich and support our LMS HASA community next year!
Maggie & Elizabeth